ABOUT THE DIAMOND FOUNDATION
The DIAMOND Foundation, Inc. was founded on June 24, 2003. by Bryan Foston, Larnie Booker and Gary Kelley, all members of the New Brunswick Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. The foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the New Brunswick Alumni Chapter. The foundation was created out of a need to provide greater educational support to the youth of Middlesex and Somerset counties in the state of New Jersey. The New Brunswick Alumni Chapter, chartered in 1978, has dedicated itself to community service. Given the rising cost of education, the need for educational resources and the need for mentoring of our next generation of leaders, the chapter sought other means to provide assistance.
Our mission is:
· To serve Middlesex and Somerset counties.
· To assist young people in attaining higher education in order to reach goals and horizons they may have deemed unattainable otherwise.
· To develop partnerships with individuals, corporations and organizations who seek to promote education as a priority among today's youth.
· To sponsor seminars and conferences that actively promote educational goals.
· To foster leadership, positive self-esteem and community advocacy among young people.
Dr. Stephen N. Lawrence
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2018 - 2020
Dr. Stephen Lawrence - Chairman
Glenn Best - Vice Chairman
Anthony Fielder - Treasurer
Dr. Larnie J. Booker - Secretary
David R. Snell - Trustee
Donald Johnson - Trustee
Marshall B. Simmons - Trustee
Raymond F. Hawkins - Trustee
Christian Duncan - Trustee
Dr. George Patterson - Trustee